Miami Musings

Monday, August 01, 2005

One reason why I love Miami

Today, in addition to being bored at work (I feel that may be an ongoing theme), I am in the final stages of getting my condo "showroom ready". After only nine months I have decided to put it on the market. It is quite a nice place (650 sq ft, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 5 block from the beach) and I was torn about my decision.

I am not afraid of any bubble, and try not to believe the real estate hype too much. But sometimes life is a bitch, and things happen that limit your ability to live, work, and play as you like. Unfortunately, in my case an unforseen change in work has began to limit my ability to live and play. Believe or not South Beach is a pretty cheap place to rent a decent apartment, so I am not worried about finding an affordable rental alternative. It's one of those real estate conundrums of being a renters and sellers market that can only exist in a land of pure and unadulterated specualtion.

When I called my realtor about putting on the market he said flatly "I can put it in the system tomorrow, you'll have a solid bid in 3 days and can close in 3 weeks tops." When I asked how much could get he said the going rate was 66% more than what I paid only 9 months ago!!

After a coat of paint and some dustbustering I am ready to roll. I am beginning to plan that dream vacation. Where do you go on vacation when you already live major tourist destination?

1 Comments:

  • "Where do you go on vacation when you already live in a major tourist destination?"

    You swap with another major tourist destination!

    San Francisco is waiting for the bubble too.

    By Blogger freethoughtguy, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home