Miami Musings

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

One reason (maybe two) why I hate Miami

I am sure that some of you have visited this fine metro area to find sun, sex, and libations and gotten so drunk on the three that you have little regard to issues like service, or a timely response to any request.

But as a "local" I quickly realized that Miami is full of the some of the laziest people in the in the United States and that everyone is too lazy to check people on their laziesness.

I cant believe how lazy you are observation #1:
When I first arrived in Miami my then-secretary decided that she didnt want to answer any phone calls that came into the main number. She also decided that she would do minimum filing and copying, would not run errands and was adamant about not answering the door. She did somehow find the energy to complain to my boss that I had called her a secretary. After one wiggle of her 32 DD boobies my boss sent out a office wide email requiring us to refer to her as the Communications Officer. I think every young newly arrived professional has learned the power of the lazy assistant's perky taa taas.

I cant believe how lazy you are observation #2:
My most excellent bf wanted to suprise me with three bottles of champagnes to celebrate Bastille Day. He had them Fed Exed with a specific request that they be hand delivered. I didnt get them on Bastille Day, even though the computer said they were delivered. When I called Fed Ex the agent told me "oh yeah the driver notes that you had right on the address on the package, but he delivered your package with a batch of others to the office next door. They refused it and it was sent to the Downtown office."

THE FED EX DRIVER WAS TOO LAZY TO DELIVER AN OVERNIGHT PACKAGE TO THE CORRECT ADDRESS

General Observations:

People in Miami are too lazy to use their blinkers when turning or switching lanes

The developers of the new Performing Arts Center were too lazy to request that the architect include parking in its design. Of course they did not catch this for at least year, maybe the people reading the plans were too lazy to check

Last week I was at a ribbon cutting where there was a mime that was too lazy to mime

And while I hate to say it.... there are times that people in Miami are too lazy to speak English. Ask anyone that has flown into Miami International Airport and asked for directions knows about this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home