Miami Musings

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Bienvenido a Miami, Bienvenue vers Miami


Sunday I was chilling by the pool at the Flamingo with some up and coming real estate lawyers talking about the state of Miami nightlife. One nice young man from Kentucky proclaimed " I am am going to start my own club, and all those stuck up, beautiful people are not going to be allowed to come in!" His idea was quickly shot down. After all what is South Beach without beautiful stuck up people?

I dont know if i have shared this but the most amazing BF is from the land of wine and foie gras and smelly cheese. In hanging out with him for the past couple of months I have learned that almost all the South Beach hot spots are owned by the French. One club has business card entrance policy, where a group of men are required to produce their business cards and have them evaluated for entrance. The night I went with bf and friends I had on pants too tight to hold a card. Never fear. Something was uttered in French a hug was exchanged and I was ushered in. When I ask when he said to the bouncer, he said "I told him that you were on the Miami City Commission." I guess the bouncers would believe anything as long as it began with a Cest va.

I told this story by the pool and one lawyer replied:


Welcome to Miami where you need to know Spanish to get a job and French to get a drink


1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home