Miami Musings

Thursday, August 25, 2005

HURRICANE WATCH


Tropical Storm Katrina is on her way. All the kids got to stay home from school, but all the adults got to go to work and bitch about not getting to stay home. I keep on getting emails from the Emergency Operations about covering my computer in plastic. I went to the store yesterday and spent $70.00 on hurricane preparedness.

Highlghts include:
  • Parmalat Milk (that is European Milk in a Box)
  • WATER
  • The ingredients for PB&J
  • Pepsi
  • Candles
  • Baby Wipes (to maintain freshness)
I still can't believe that it cost me $70.00!! I am orginally from the best state on earth and got into a discussion about in line about hurricanes vs. earthquakes. I think that I always win these arguments when I go "At least you get a days notice!"

I was here last year when we were evacuated for a week. It seemed as if Miami have a plastic bubble around it protecting it from the storm. I decided to evacuate and ended up watching 7 DVDs in a row, chain smoking, drinking rum and cokes, and eating dried apricots. There were 7 of us (mostly strangers) in the house. No one showered and everyone was constipated, so you can imagine the smell. When Lord of the Rings was put in the DVD player I was gone.

When I got home my place was a hot wet mess. Turns out it had survived the storm but not the dumb pretty boy who left his sink on upstairs.

Hopefully I'll be safe. I'll let you guys know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home