Miami Musings

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Real Estate is the Way



I started this blog almost two weeks ago with a post about selling my condo. Well it listed on Friday and is under contract as of yesterday!!!! I found a buyer in 3 friggin days! My job is to help others make money off of real estate. It feels good to be on the other side.

Real estate is king. Especially in Miami. I met a guy that is fluent in 4 languages, has two masters and had decided to postpone a Ph.D. to become a realtor. As a matter of fact I think that everyone I know is a part time realtor, mortgage broker or title agent. I have no idea what any of these people do, but that 6% broker fee is cutting into my profits.

I was listening to NPR yesterday about the withdrawal of settlers from Gaza. While the Palestinians they interviewed were happy to see Israelis off 'their' land they were more happy that some bitchin' beach properties ripe for development opened up . One man was quoted as saying "Why should I take 200 dinars for this land? I know my place is sooo worth at least 1000." Now I don't know how much a dinar is worth, but I know 1000 is more than 200.

At 70 cents to the dollar, looks like unspoiled beach in the Gaza Strip is the way to go. I wonder how hard the Palestinian real estate exam is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home