Miami Musings

Monday, September 19, 2005

THE WINDS OF CHANGE


I have survived one of the craziest weeks ever:

I SOLD MY PLACE
Selling the place was the easy part. Moving was horrible. I want to thank my friends Carlos and Michael for everything that they did. There was a point where I didn’t where to begin or end and how I was going to do it alone. With their help I didn’t have too. Although it is funny that is times of personal significance (moving, birthday parties, etc.) you find out who are really there for you. There have been times when I have put people up for weeks on end, woke up with a hang over at 7 am to help move, and countless other things. Then they day you need them they are not there. I was/am pissed, but with less than 15 days til I turn the big 30 I am channeling Mimi and Shaking it Off

I HAVE SPOKEN TO MY BF FOR LESS THAN AN HOUR FOR THE PAST 4 DAYS
My most amazing bf is in the NYC help to promote the policies of a his home country. This weekend for him has been a flurry of meetings and dinners and events. I think he is doing well, but he is working hard and I miss him :(

I WENT TO PUERTO RICO
The day after the move I jetted off to sunny PR for a couple of days of R&R. It was soo perfect. We (friends from pre-Miami) had great food at the place called Tantra in Old San Juan and we laid on the beach wonder where the sky ended and the ocean began. My friend Eric forgot to sunscreen his feet and they were a blistered mess by the end of the day. It was a quick trip, I drank too much, but it was what everyone needed.

A HURRICANE IS COMING
Rita is on her way. Miami Beach is under a voluntary evacuation order and I think that they are going to let me out at noon. I think Rita is coming at the right time. I have to check my hurricane supplies.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home